Classes of hosting services
A hosting service is connected with keeping and/or sharing particular web content on a web server handled by a website hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's review these. In this way, you can pick what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to create a weblog, mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by given companies, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage services frequently include advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given period of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file hosting package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a completely improper explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would divide the workload between independent hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting type is appropriate if you would like to share a vast amount of images with mates or acquaintances since the service is typically free of charge. You will receive a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some companies provide hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to have a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and a few hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to own as many video clips as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you want to keep a website. To a certain extent, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting forms since, along with your websites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At MyNewWebAddress.com Hosting And Domains, for instance, you can see web hosting and dedicated server hosting packages that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are intended for particular content exclusively.